Monday, February 22, 2016

Ahoy!

Hi, I'm Dre, skipper of Huckleberry Finn (or just Huck Finn for short). I bought this boat last year (2015), after dinking around on the Erie Canal in Fairport for about three years on an 18' wooden sailboat that I built in my garage. That boat was Sweet Jane.

I wanted more room and amenities aboard, and I got it in spades. Huck Finn is 39' overall, and way more boat than I'm used to. So, through the help of friends and more experienced boaters, I'm learning the ropes, so to speak.

Anyway, we got about two feet of snow last Monday, and I've been dreaming about when we can lift Huckster off of her blocks, and drop her back into the canal.

So, I've been cruising the web and found some great English canal boat blogs (they call 'em narrowboats over there) and reading one in particular gave me the kick I needed to start my own (even though I'm sure Maffi would make fun of me for being a plastic boat owner).

Anyway, thanks for stopping by, and I hope to see you soon!