Saturday, May 7, 2016

Home Port, Fairport!

We made it to Fairport! Yeah, still waiting on that Starboard engine to be fixed, but it was such a nice day yesterday we decided to forge ahead and limp into port on one engine. Sunny day, light winds and it only took about an hour to make the eight miles between Midlakes' Macedon Landing and Fairport.

John Reesor and The Commodore (my wife) acted as able-bodied hands and we made the trip with no casualties. Or any adventures at all, really.

First thing we did after tying up was to bum-rush TK's Pizzeria and hit up Tony for a couple of slices to celebrate our successful landfall.

Anyway, now I just keep thinking of things I need from Wegmans, so I can jump in the car and run off and not have to scrub decks. We'll probably sit here for at least until we get the engine fixed, and then it'll be close to time for Canal Days, so, yeah, we're here for a while.

Now, where did I put those car keys?